CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Supplies Web Ltd’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy aims to demonstrate that we are an ethically and socially aware business that understands our impact on the environment and wider community.
We were established in April 2009 and operate from our two regional offices in High Wycombe and Harrogate. Since inception we have grown at an average of 35% per annum and are currently the fastest growing office products and services company in our respective counties. Goods are dispatched from our two regional warehouses, or direct from our supply partners via couriers when customer locations fall outside the regional van routes. We are also piloting a re-usable plastic crate delivery method to remove all cardboard waste from customer deliveries.
What we stand for
The reason that we went into business was that we saw a gap in the market for an office products and services company that focused on delivering true value to our customers. Too often in our industry people, and the companies that they work for, focus on price and not giving the customer a complete solution to enable them to procure all their office products and services from a single source using the right products for their business.
Our ethos is to take a step back and talk to a customer about their entire business’s requirements. We then come up with a tailored plan to reduce the number of suppliers used, increase the efficiency of the procurement process, and reduce the number of orders placed and the time it takes our customers to place them.
Doing the above properly enables our customers to focus on their core business whilst we efficiently, sustainably and ethically give our customers a service and supply solution they can trust.
We have worked hard to establish the business, and we are proud to have built it on a sound ethical base. We believe in long term partnerships with our customers and operate a policy of continual improvement with all internal and external stakeholders.
We believe that our staff are our biggest asset, and work hard to recruit on key personality types. Honesty, good ethics, being friendly and open, and having a good attitude are all the attributes that our business is built on, and this base means that our customers can trust that we are an honest, ethically sound business.
As a management team we monitor and review how the business operates at all times, and focus on ensuring that we continually improve in everything we do.
Employee benefits and our approach to our staff
As we value our team, we have developed numerous benefits to working at Supplies Web Ltd. We have excellent staff retention and aim to have a family atmosphere where everyone feels like a valued member of the team.
Current benefits away from salary
- An extra day paid holiday for each year of service.
- A service award for each year at the company, ranging from spa treatments to theatre tickets depending on the number of years’ service.
- An extra day paid holiday for each member of staff on their birthday.
- A staff purchase scheme where all staff can buy at cost price.
- Employee of the year award.
- Quarterly staff events, from summer parties to meals out, all paid for by the company.
- Team bonding events like the Supplies Web Office Olympics.
- Monthly 1-2-1 meetings and yearly appraisals to develop our staff.
- Hot chocolate Wednesday’s every month, and various other incentives / treats throughout the year.
- Book club.
- Monthly treat!
We aim to develop a culture where all staff enjoy working for us. We believe that happy staff equals happy customers, and we spend a lot of time working on this side of our business.
Our business partners
We view our suppliers as key business partners and work hard to foster excellent relationships with them. We believe that we can deliver the best service to our customers by having very close working relationships with key vendors and utilising the skills and expertise that they have in their respective fields.
This approach enables us to use fewer suppliers as we purchase larger volumes with our key partners. This reduces the environmental impact of our operations due to fewer orders being placed and therefore less road miles being covered.
Our charity policy
We strongly believe in giving something back, and over the years have supported many charities. Each year a member of the team gets to choose the charity of the year as we believe that it is important that our staff feel involved in the choice of our charity.
How we raise money
- We recycle our customer’s toner and ink cartridges for free. Companies that make remanufactured toners then purchase the empties and 100% of the money raised is donated to charity.
- We do not send Christmas cards to our customers. Instead we donate to our charity of the year.
- We make many donations throughout the year directly from the business.
- We run events where the proceeds are given to charity, e.g. Fancy Dress for Halloween, we gave 5% of the value of all orders placed on the day to the charity and we all got dressed up in the office!
- At Christmas we transport donated presents from a local supermarket to a children’s cancer charity.
How we focus on customers
Ultimately, we are nothing without our customers, and we believe in a completely open trading relationship with them. We aim to be viewed as a quality business partner to the organisations that we work with, and achieve this status through pushing the boundaries that a buyer would expect from a company in any sector.
We believe in honesty first and foremost, and believe that if we aim to make reasonable margins and deliver exceptional service and account management, our customers will stay with us long term and together we will grow and prosper.
Small innovations like business reviews on I-pads and online approval systems remove the need for excess documentation and improve the quality of our account management by having live information to discuss in meetings.
When you partner with Supplies Web Ltd you are dealing with true experts in the office products and services market. Whatever a company promises you, your relationship with them is only as good as the person you are dealing with, and to this end we are very careful about who we employ. Your account manager will be the very best in the industry.
Business code of conduct
The management team at Supplies Web Ltd is responsible for communicating its Code of Conduct to all employees and for ensuring its contents are understood and adhered to. Day-to-day responsibility in this regard is delegated to department managers.
Compliance with this Code is monitored and reviewed regularly by Supplies Web Ltd as part of its quality management process.
Breaches of Supplies Web Ltd’s code must be reported to relevant managers, and Supplies Web Ltd expects employees to report any suspected breach of this Code.
A provision is in place for employees to report in confidence directly to the relevant Manager or Director, and no employee shall suffer because of doing so.
Supplies Web Ltd’s policies are intended to foster a search for continuous improvement in all aspects of its performance. It is reviewed annually, referred to in all Directors and Management meetings and is part of our ongoing improvement program.
The Company recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing a working environment that is free from discrimination.
The Company will seek to promote the principles of equality and diversity in all its dealings with employees, workers, job applicants, clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, recruitment agencies and the public.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
Supplies Web Limited aims to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our employees while they are at work and of others who may be affected by our undertakings. This general policy statement provides a commitment and intent to comply with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
To ensure the principles of health and safety are clearly understood throughout the Company, we will be committed to:
- complying with relevant health and safety laws and regulations, voluntary programmes, collective agreements on health and safety and other requirements to which the Company subscribes;
- setting and monitoring of health and safety objectives for the Company;
- effective communication of and consultation on health and safety matters throughout the Company;
- assessing the risks to the safety and health of our employees and others who may be affected by our activities and implementing controls to minimise those risks;
- preventing work-related injuries, ill health, disease and incidents;
- providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment and implementing safe systems of work;
- the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
- providing and maintaining a safe working environment with safe access, egress and welfare facilities;
- providing the necessary training to our employees and others, including temporary employees to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety;
- providing suitable and sufficient information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- continually improving the performance of our health and safety management;
- devoting the necessary resources in the form of finance, equipment, personnel and time to ensure the health and safety of our employees and seeking expert help where the necessary skills are not available within the Company;
- an annual review and when necessary the revision of this health and safety policy;
- making this policy available to relevant interested external parties, as appropriate.
Supplies Web Ltd is a forward-thinking office products and services company. We aim to forge strong partnerships with our customers, and through these partnerships, develop into the leading UK supplier for all office products and services.
We are very conscious that in order to achieve the above goals our activities will have an impact on the environment. As a result of this our company is committed to minimising our negative impact on it, and where possible look to implement strategies to reduce this.
All company locations adhere to the same environmental policies and procedures. We operate a policy of continuous improvement across the business and openly invite our staff to push forward new initiatives to drive improvements in our environmental policies.
Supplies Web Ltd will:
- Comply with all current and future environmental legislation and strive to meet and exceed other requirements as appropriate to the company’s activities.
- Operate in ways that contribute to lowering energy and fuel usage, reducing carbon emissions and reducing / recycling waste through our entire supply chain.
- Measure and minimize relevant and significant environmental pollution including carbon emissions.
- Provide information to customers on how to purchase environmentally responsible products when appropriate. Including assisting customers with carbon reduction projects.
- Consider our suppliers environmental policies and credentials when evaluating and selecting business partners.
- Monitor and report on the environmental impact of the company’s operations and strive for continuous environmental improvement.
- Communicate our environmental policies and targets to all employees, customers, other stakeholders who come into contact with the company.
The policy will be reviewed and, where appropriate, updated annually.